TABLE OF CONTENTS
by: P. N. Pushp and K. Warikoo
and Cultural Foundation
- Prof. P.N. Pushp is the former Director, Research, Libraries and
Museums, J&K Government, Srinagar.
- Dr. S.S. Toshkhani, who was awarded Ph.D. for his work Linguistic
Peculiarities of Banasur Katha (1446 AD), is the author of (i) Lalleshwari
(Hoshiarpur, 1962), (ii) Kashmiri Sahitya ka Itihas (J&K Cultural
Academy, 1989) (in Hindi). He has been member of Kashmir Information Service
- Prof. B.K. Kaul Deambi, formerly Director, Centre of Central Asian
Studies, University of Kashmir, is the author of (i) Corpus of the
Sharada Inscriptions of Kashmir (Delhi, 1982), (ii) History and
Culture of Ancient Gandhara and Western Himalayas (New Delhi, 1985).
- Prof. Ved Kumari Ghai, is Professor of Sanskrit, Department of
Sanskrit, University of Jammu. She is the author of (i) Nilamata Purana.
2 Vols. (J&K Cultural Academy) and (ii) Kashmir ka Sanskrit Sahitya
ko yogdan (in Hindi), Q&K Cultural Academy, 1987).
- Dr. R.P. Khatana, who teaches at Government College, Gurgaon, is
the author of (i) The Gujars, Gujari Language and Literature of Jammu and
Kashmir (Gurgaon, 1974) (in Urdu) and (ii) Tribal Migration in
Himalayan Frontiers (Gurgaon, 1992).
- Mrs. Malavika Bandyopadhyaya has been associated with the
Department of Indo-Tibetan Studies, Vishwa Bharati University.
- Syed Mohammad Abbas Kazmi, an authority on the Cultural Heritage of
Baltistan, is President, Baltistan Research Centre (Pakistan).
- Prof. S.K. Pathak, formerly Professor, Department of Indo-Tibetan
Studies, Vishwa Bharati University, Santiniketan, is now associated with the
Asiatic Society, Calcutta.
- Nishat Ansari, Member of J&K Education Service, is a well-known
literateur of Kashmir.
- Prof. R.K. Sharma, formerly Head, Department of Hindi, University
of Kashmir, Srinagar, has been President, Council of Hindi Teachers of
- Dr. K. Warikoo is Associate Professor, Central Asian Studies,
School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, and
Secretary General of the Himalayan Research and Cultural Foundation.